Australia Idols - australian idol star the best idols with good relationship and good personality from australian

Mark Holden breaks silence on Idol sacking

JILTED judge Mark Holden has broken his silence on the dark days after being dumped from Australian Idol.

"I had to tell myself the same thing as I tell artists - it's business," Holden said.

"Sometimes, business happens. Sometimes, you are at the winning end of the business. Sometimes, you are not."

And Holden, 54, sacked from Australian Idol in March, appears to be back in business.

In his first interview since leaving the talent quest show, Holden revealed:

- He no longer watched Idol - "I don't know who's competing, I don't know who got kicked off . . . I don't watch the show."

- Judge Marcia Hines had a naughty side off camera - a so-called "Ghetto Marcia" came out when the show stopped for a commercial break.

"Ghetto Marcia is awesome - a foul-mouthed, sassy woman, a 55-year-old woman who has lived and loved and rocked and rolled for a long time - and who's still on top after all these years."

- He thought Idol winner Damien Leith was ugly "before he had his teeth fixed".

- His inspiration for his rants - gooni-goo-goose and gooni-gooni gay - was from Eddie Murphy in Raw. "I'm a songwriter, mate. You beg, borrow and steal."

- His Wanker of the Year award - "Rove won the following year. He earned it, believe me" - sat next to his Logies.

- Working with David Hasselhoff, of Baywatch fame, brought focus to the equation - "He gives me a lead and I make it happen inside the chaos of his life."

Holden said of his Idol role: "I had a unique perspective. I had been a producer, artist, record company and manager."

And he said Hines' role as caring judge was real.

"She fits the formula naturally," he said. "But it's not all of her."

He would not be drawn on tough judge Ian Dickson, who has openly criticised Holden.

Dickson has claimed Holden was full of "inane ramblings" and was "trapped in this ridiculous buffoon's body and mind".

Holden said, "Those comments are his issue, not mine" and added: "I don't accept his criticisms. I don't. But that's his business."

But he praised Idol judge Kyle Sandilands as "the hardest-working man in show business".

"Kyle impresses me," Holden said. "I've watched him in stressful circumstances and he handles himself well."

Sandilands, who is battling health issues, needed to take care of himself, Holden said.

But Holden hinted he wallowed in negativity after he was sacked from Idol.

No comments: